It is unclear if Barbara or Nancy or Mary are the same person. All are names given as the wife of Valentine Heffner in various documents. It is recorded that he married Nancy/Barbara Miller on April 30, 1783 in Washington County, Maryland. In 1855 his wife Mary applied for a widow's pension.
Of the fourteen children of Valentine and his wife, only seven lived to mature years. They were:
1. Catherine Heffner who was born March 31, 1787 and died 26 January 26. 1871. She married Martin Speck.
2. Jacob Heffner who was born in 1789 and died in 1876. He married Susannah Nelson.
3. Peter Heffner who was born May 1, 1793 and died April 19, 1849. He married Catherine Enyeart a daughter of William Enyeart and Jane Norris.
4. John Heffner. who was born April 7, 1797 and died September 16, 1881. He married Rachel Enyeart, also a daughter of William Enyeart and Jane Norris.
5. Adam was born in 1799 and died in April of 1840. He married Rebecca Enyeart, another daughter of William Enyeart and Jane Norris.
6. Barbara Heffner who was born 1802 and died 1832. She married Christian Rowland and moved to Ashland Ohio.
7. Elizabeth Heffner who was born May 1, 1807 and died March 19, 1880. She moved to Ashland, Ohio and married Andrew Mason.
His grave in the McConnellstown Cemetery in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania is marked with a relatively new stone commemorating his service in the War for Independence. No grave for his wife has been located. Valentine was the great, great grandfather of my grandmother, Sarah Eliza Long McEwen.
This page and all contents © 2012 Cynthia H. Smith
Email to email@example.com